Here are some questions to ask on a first date to get to know your date better.
It’s always a good idea to have some questions prepared before your first date. This will make the conversation flow better and give both of you something to talk about.
Fortunately, we have prepared a list of 6 categories of questions that you can ask on the first date. Please memorize your best question. Don’t be weird and carry a book with a list of questions to ask. Don’t scare your date away.
Also, I believe if you are mature enough you will know the right moment to ask these questions. Remember your conversation is flowing well, you probably will not need to ask the questions. Remember as you ask these questions don’t be too direct with them.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
The goal is to enjoy your date, not to interrogate someone’s child.
Enjoy the read and see also. types of food you should avoid on a first date.
1. Fun Questions To Ask On A First Date
Fun questions are the best icebreakers on your first date. Get to know the fun part of your date and figure out if you enjoy the same things.
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What are your hobbies, interests, and passions?
- Where do you like to go when you’re free?
- Where about your favorite places in the world?
- What are some of the things that make up your life now that it doesn’t feel like work?
- What are some random fun facts about you?
- Know Any Good Jokes?
- What are your top 5 television series?
- What are your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drink?
- Who is the most fascinating person you’ve met?
- Share something silly that makes you laugh every time.
2. Family Questions To Ask On A First Date
To know the kind of background your date has, you can always ask non-offensive questions about their families. Remember they do not need to be related by blood to be family. A family is a place where one gets love and support as well. It’s a source of advice and conflict, but also a place where you can find comfort when times get tough.
- How many siblings do you have?
- What is your family like?
- Among your friends and family, what are you best known for?
- Which are your unique family traditions?
- Who are you closest to in your family and why?
- Do you prefer to work in a team or alone?
- Where would your friends or family be most surprised to find you?
- Who is your most approachable parent?
- What’s the most essential part of a friendship?
- What was Your childhood like?
3. Questions About Technology And The Internet
We are living in a highly advanced technological world. Which has been healthy to some and unhealthy to others. Questions about technology are important on a first date as they help you know the kind of relations your date has with the internet. Is it healthy, or is it unhealthy?
- How much time do you spend online, and what do you use the internet for?
- What is your favorite app on your phone?
- Which is your favorite social media platform and why?
- What machine or appliance in your house aggravates you the most?
- What would you change about the tech field?
- What is the worst invention you know?
- What is your favorite video game?
- What’s your favorite website?
- Could you survive without your phone for the rest of your life?
4. Childhood Questions To Ask On A First Date
We are our childhood. We bring so much burgage from our childhood to our adulthood. You need to know what your date’s childhood was like, not to judge them but to get to know what their triggers may be.
- Where did you grow up?
- What’s your favorite thing about where you grew up?
- What’s one of your favorite childhood memories?
- How would you describe yourself as a child?
- Are you still close with your childhood friends?
- Did you participate in any sports as a child?
- What kind of pet have you ever had since you were a child?
- What’s one of your saddest childhood memory?
- Given a chance what would you change about growing up?
- What did you love most about where you grew up?
5. Questions About Their Future To Ask On A first date.
You should ask questions about the future because it’s important to know where someone is headed in life. This will be crucial in determining whether or not you’re compatible with them.
Also, it helps to know if there’s an overlap between your interests and theirs.
- What are your plans for the future?
- How many kids do you want in the future?
- Do you have any particular passion projects that you’re working on?
- Which is your dream city to live in?
- What is your dream job and what are you doing to get it?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What do you dream about?
6. Get To Know The Person They Are First Date Questions
Ask them questions that will help them know the person they are right now. It is important to know what their childhood looked like and how they hope their future will be, but it is more important to know the person they are right now.
- What was the last dream you had?
- Do you have any pets?
- What movie did you watch last?
- Which is your favorite music genre?
- What are your favorite food, snack, and drink?
- Do you know how to play an instrument? If so, what kind and how long have you been playing?
- Who’s your favorite teacher of all time and what did they teach?
- These first date questions will help the conversation get going
- What are your interests?
- How did you get into this line of work?
- What’s the best way to eat this fruit?
These first-date questions are a great way to start a conversation. If you’re nervous about what to say on the first date, don’t be afraid! Just ask some fun questions that might make your conversation more natural and enjoyable.
Finally, if you are nervous about your first date with this person, you can always seek guidance from a counselor on how to carry yourself during a date.