Ello, folks! I do hope that you all are having a wonderful week so far? Our home is slowly getting ready, and I can’t wait to share pictures once we move in. It came in last Thursday and Friday, so set up should be this week, I hope! Today I wanted to share with you 18 Obvious and not so Obvious Ways A FoodSaver Is Perfect For Your Family.
I know one of the things that I missed the most when our home burnt down was my FoodSaver® 2-in-1 Manual Operation Food Preservation System. This baby is a lifesaver and worth every cent! I liked ours most because my husband and I do buy in bulk. This means that we needed an easy way to preserve our foods. If no,t, we would lose money! This system helps keep food fresh up to 5x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods, allowing you to save up to $2700 per year (based on buying in bulk, on sale, and preventing waste). The system removes air, one of the main causes of mold and food spoilage, from bags and creates an air-tight seal to lock in freshness.
A FoodSaver system really is something that I feel should be in every kitch,en, so today I wanted to share with you 30 reasons and not so obvious reasons that a FoodSaver is perfect for your family. I know, that everyone’s family is different but I bet you will be able to relate with almost all of these.
18 Obvious and not so Obvious Facts About A FoodSaver
- Let’s talk about size. Our family really have always had a smaller size kitchen, till our new ,home, which is a bit bigger. What I love about the FoodSaver® 2-in-1 Manual Operation Food Preservation System is that it really is super compact. You can either store it on your countertops or in a cabinet. Leaving you with a super small footprint for what this bad boy can do.
- The Roll Cutter. One thing that I can remember when I purchased my first preserving system was that the bags were already cut — leaving me short, literally! With the FoodSaver you can cut the bags to length. You can do something as small as a piece of salmon or as long as ribs.
- Use More Than bags. We all know that the FoodSaver system has bags but did you know they also offer containers, marinators & canisters? YUP! They sure do. Using the Foodsaver 2 in 1 sy, stem you can actually use all of those items using the retractable handheld sealer.
- Marinate feature. Since I adore cooking one of the most prominent features besides saving money when it comes to preserving my food, is the Marinate feature. When you think about marinating foods, you think h, ours right? Not with the FoodSaver! You can marinate almost anything within min, utes, which means saving you huge amounts of time.
- Even The FoodSaver Helps You Cut The Cost On Bags. So you might be thinking that the bags is where this company gets their money, right? Not really. What is cool about FoodSaver is that they actually help you seal your foods with minimal bag waste. Extra-wide sealing strip applies heat for a secure, airtight seal.
- Even the bags store conveniently. I know we have already spoken about the size of the unit itself, but even the bags can be stored conveniently. You put the roll inside the FoodSaver, so you are saving even more on room.
- Easy Clean-Up. So I really dislike things that are hard to clean. Sitting there, taking things apart is not something I enjoy at ALL! That is more my husband’s area, but the food saver simply has a dishwasher safe tray that pops right out, and you can clean it or put it in your dishwasher.
- Dry or Moist Food. Now I know that some people didn’t know that you can do moist foods with your Foodsaver. HECK, I was one of them at first. I LOVE that you can simply adjust the level when it comes to moisture so that you keep all those juices in your food and not in the unit. The best way to use your FoodSaver when it comes to meat is to actually freeze your meat first then stick it in the FoodSaver.
- Super Easy To Use: One of the best qualities a FoodSaver 2 in 1 can offer is that it is easy to use. Below you will see images of the unit itself but it just simply has a few buttons that control everything.
The Not So Obvious
So not that I have run through some of the obvious facts about the FoodSaver 2 in 1 I also wanted to share with you some not so obvious facts that you might not have considered. These are mostly Ways that you can use your FoodSaver
- Save Your Perfect Broth. Did you know that you can save that perfect broth or soup that you made? It is really easy to do with FoodSaver! What we do is put our soup into loaf pans and freeze it. Leaving us with big chunks of frozen soup. Once it is, frozen simply use a bag and your FoodSaver to seal it up. Once you are ready to enjoy your soup or broth,h again all you have to do is simply make a small cut in the bag and simmer it on the stove or microwave.
- Emergency Kit. As I am writing this , posting I am listening to the news as the hurricane season is well on the way. The perfect way to keep your emergency kit safe and dry is by using your FoodSaver. My husband and both have a backpack that has everything that we would need in an emergency from a flashlight and batteries, matches, to even dog food. Everything we sealed using the FoodSaver.
- Blocks of Cheese. I don’t know what it is about my family, but we love cheese and crackers when it comes to a snack. It never fails that I go into the fridge and find the dreaded blue, molded cheese. Not anymore. I use the FoodSaver to help save my cheese from the “blue monster”. When I use the FoodSaver for cheese, I do it a bit different. I make the bag a bit longer so that I can keep cutting open the same bag and resealing. Our cheese now lasts till the very last bite.
- Baked Goods: You can also use the FoodSaver to save those tasty treats and baked goods you might make. I would suggest using a canister to save these, but I have had much success just using the FoodSaver Bags. What I do is freeze the muffins, cupcakes, or cake first. This helps me to keep their form. When I do cupcakes I don’t frost them till after I am ready to eat them. I usually freeze mine for about three hours till I can put them in the FoodSaver Bags safely.
- Salt, Sugar, And Coffee In Bulk. I do buy goods in the fall in bulk since the winters here can at times get nasty. You can use the FoodSaver to preserve your salt, sugar, or coffee by simply using a paper towel. The towel is not important for the preserving process, but it is so that the little particles don’t get into your machine.
- Make Your Own Ice Packs. I can’t tell you how many times I am hitting my knees on something. It just never fails. Then you have that we are currently living in a camper which means, little room to spare. I use the FoodSaver to make small ice packs for all my bumps and bangs.
- Store just about everything. When it comes to a FoodSaver, it is just not for food as you can imagine. You can use it to store anything. You could use it for silverware which will keep it tarnish free or even document and collectibles. Just about anything you can think of.
- Make Your Own Ice Pops: So let’s get back to food because I LOVE FOOD! lol. Have you ever went to the store and bought those big bags of ice pops? Or box? Can’t they come in a smaller size? You can actually use the FoodSaver. I think I am going to do a little posting on this in a couple of days, but it is straightforward. Here is a link on how you can make these.
- Game Pieces. If you have little ones you know how hard it is to keep game pieces together in the propper game right? The FoodSaver can actually help you keep everything together. When we are done playing a game, I make sure that everything is back in the FoodSaver bag and seal. That easy!
I do hope that you learned a bit about the FoodSaver® 2-in-1 Manual Operation Food Preservation System and how it can really work for your family. This is one product that my husband and I will always have as it pays for itself so quickly when it comes to savings. Right now you can save 15% OFF through 10/31, and I do hope that you take advantage.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email email@example.com