Ello, folks! This week I have two recipes postings that are geared toward the holiday season and I just can't wait to share both of them with you. Today I wanted to share this super cute Reindeer layered Cake.
Ever since I was a child I have loved Reindeer and I thought what better than to make a super cute Reindeer cake! This cake is easy to create and you can get the entire family involved in decorating it.
I think this would make a great centerpiece on your table this holiday not to mention that it is so tasty!
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Instead of doing just a recipe insert I wanted to write things up so that you can really follow the directions correctly. Let's start.
Reindeer Layered Cake Directions
First, we will make snowflakes.
- 1 C Ghirardelli white chocolate melting chips
- 1 disposable piping bag
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave on 30-second increments
- Scoop into a disposable piping bag
- Cut the tip-off
- Pipe out about 10 thick snowflakes in different sizes
- Allow drying overnight!
What You Need
- 2 Boxes of french vanilla cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 C water
- 1 C canola oil
- Red and green gel food coloring
- 3 9inch round cake
- 1 10inch round cake board
- 1 cake leveler
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray the cake pans with pam baking spray
- Combine all ingredients for the cake into a standing mixer and mix until combined
- Divide the cake batter into two bowls
- Mix in a few drops of red gel food coloring into 1 bowl of cake batter and mix until combined
- Mix in a few drops of green gel food coloring into the second bowl and mix until combined
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop some red or green cake batter into the pans
- Alternate with the red and green cake batters between the three cake pans
- Bake the cakes for 36-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cakes to cool completely
- Place cake rounds onto a cookie sheet and use the cake leveler to remove the domes of the cake to make it even