These quotes about toxic people will help you cut off all toxic toxic people in your life and heal.
We all have dealt with some toxic people in our lives at some point. It could be toxic, family, friends, colleagues, or toxic bosses. These are people who choose to see the worst in us and treat us in the worst possible ways.
I want to let you know that, if someone is toxic to you, don’t take it personally. It is a reflection of who they are not who you are.
People who treat us like crap are mostly sad and dealing with some trauma because it is not normal to want to be mean to other people for no apparent reason.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Anyway, enjoy this list of quotes and I pray you are able to get rid of all toxic people in your life. You do not need them.
- “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” Kamand Kojouri
Quotes About Toxic Friends.
2. “Save your skin from the corrosive acids from the mouths of toxic people. Someone who just helped you to speak evil about another person can later help another person to speak evil about you.” Israelmore Ayivor
3. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” Mandy Hale
4. “Growing up means realizing a lot of your friends aren’t really your friends.” Unknown
5. “Sometimeds are like pennies, two-faced and worthless.” Unknown
6. “Fake friends stab you and pretend they are the ones bleeding.” Unknown
7. “Stop inviting people who don’t celebrate you to your party! It’s YOUR life – you have the right to be exclusive.” Mandy Hale
8. “Sometimes your dearest friend to whom you reveal most of your secrets to becomes so deadly and unfriendly without knowing that they were not really your friend.” Michael Bassey Johnson
9. “As we grow up, we realize it becomes less important to have a ton of friends, and more important to have real ones.” Unknown
10. “One fake friend is more dangerous than 100 enemies.” Shaquib Shaikh
11. “You don’t lose friends because real friends can never be lost. You lose people masquerading as friends, and you’re better for it.” Mandy Hale
Quotes About Removing Toxic People Out Of Your Life.
12. “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” Robert Tew
13. “There’s folks you just don’t need. You’re better off without them. Your life is just a little better because they ain’t in it.” William Gay
14. “Weeding out the harmful influences should become the norm not the exception.” Carlos Wallace
15. “Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.” DLQ
16. “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow-minded individuals.” Michael Bassey Johnson
17. “People who try to bring you down every day aren’t important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such.” Terry Mark
18. “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” John Mark Green
19. “If you’ve been through trauma you don’t need more drama, so surround yourself with those who bring you peace.” Christy Ann Martine
20. “When dealing with toxic people always choose distance over disrespect.” Germany Kent
21. “In order to reach your highest potential, it is crucial that you remove all the negative people in your life.” Unknown
Quotes About Toxic Relatives.
22. “Toxic parents care more about how you make them look than how you actually feel.” Unknown
23. “Just because someone is your family doesn’t mean you have to keep them around if they are toxic or abusive. Don’t let people guilt you.” Winnie Nantongo
24. It’s okay to cut toxic family members out of your life. Blood ain’t thicker than peace of mind.” Unknown
25. “If the family you chose before your birth no longer supports your path towards fulfilling your true destiny, it is never too late to find a new tribe.” Anthon St. Maarten
26. “some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.” Unknown
27. “Some siblings get along and love one another, but some don’t get along and don’t love one another. This has nothing to do with the parents. It’s chemistry.” John Rosemond
28. “Some of the hardest people to cut off are family members. But sometimes they are the main ones that need to go.” Unknown
29. “Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often it is tace where we find the deepest heartache.” Iyana Vanzart
30. “It’s okay to stop talking to a family member. Blood doesn’t mean anything. If they treat you badly leave.” Unknonwn
31. “I have come to realize since breaking free of my toxic family members, I was justifying insanity to stay connected with them.” Unknown
See also, Quotes About Trauma
Best Quotes About Toxic People.
32. “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” John Mark Green
33. “People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely.” Hans F. Hasen
34. “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” Mahatma Gandhi
35. “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake; it’s just their behavior.” Dr. Steve Maraboli
36. “Beware of those around you who subtly sow the seeds of doubt.” Wayne Gerard Trotman
37. “Some people are like clouds once they disappear it’s a beautiful day.” Unknown38. Toxic people will attempt to iron out their wrinkled past with smooth-talking.” Christine E. Szymanski
38. ” The most frustrating aspect of being around toxic people is that no matter how much you try to reason with them, they will forever remain deaf, dumb, and blind to their toxic behavior and therefore, wholly incapable of change which is what makes them toxic.” Tamara Yancosky.
39. “Toxic people condition you to believe the problem isn’t abuse itself but instead, your reaction to their abuse.” Unknown
40. “When someone is rude and toxic, remember it’s not about you. It’s a reflection of their inner state.” Bernadette Logue
41. “Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
Funny Quotes About Toxic People.
42. “We do not have to be mental health professionals to identify the traits of the possible sociopaths among us.” P.A. Speers
43. ” It’s funny how upset people get when you hold them accountable for their actions.” Unknown
44. “I don’t want everyone to like me; I should think less of myself if some people did.” Henry James
45. “If I was meant to be controlled, I would have come with a remote.” Unknown
46. ” Not my monkey, not my circus.” Unknown
47. “It’s so nice when toxic people stop talking to you. It’s like trash took itself out.” Unknown
48. “If you cannot be positive then at least be quiet.” Unknown
49. “I don’t hold grudges, we goodare ! You may never hear from me again, but we are good.” Unknown
50. “I like my products like I like my people, non-toxic.” Unknown
51. “well, aren’t you a little ray of pitch black.” Unknown
Related article, Quotes for people in abusive relationships.
True Quotes About Toxic People
52. “The presence of the person you hate is far more agonizing than the absence of the person you love.” Shon Mehta
54. “The idea is quite simple, stay a light year away from people who make you feel less about yourself.” Mohith Agadi
55. “Some people are really so delusional that they think it’s disrespectful when you don’t just sit back and allow them to continually disrespect you.” Unknown
56. “When a toxic person can no longer control you, they will control how others see you. This misinformation will feel unfair, but stay above it, trusting that other people will eventually see the truth, just like you did.” Unknown
57. “Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you.” Christian Baloga
58. “I have found the best way to deal with a toxic person is to not respond in any other way than a monotone voice and a businesslike manner.” Jen Grice
59. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great.” Mark Twain
60. “A lot of people who have experienced trauma at the hands of people they’ve trusted take responsibility, and that is what’s toxic.” Hannah Gadsby
61. “They like you more when you don’t challenge them. They prefer to have an upper hand over you.” Mitta Xinindlu
Quotes About Toxic Relationships
62. ” I walked away because you were too busy finding faults in me and I was busy overlooking yours.” Unknown
63. “Don’t confuse “familiar” with “acceptable”. Toxic relationships can fool you like that.” Steve Maraboli
64. “Toxicity at work, relationship or in life works as a slow poison which often ends its survivors as disillusioned or embittered.” Abhysheq Shukla
65. “Notice how the ones that fuck up the love always cry the hardest.” Efrat Cybulkiewicz
66. ” I spent so many years walking on eggshells, never doing or saying the right thing. One day decided I had enough and stomped all over them. Those broken eggshells cut me deeply as I walked away, but this was the most beautiful pain I had ever felt.” Unknown
67. “Escaping a toxic relationship can feel like breaking a piece of your heart off like a wolf chews its leg off to escape a steel trap. Leaving is never easy, but sometimes it is necessary to save yourself and others from dying.” Bryant McGill
68. “I think most people know when they’re in a toxic relationship – it requires an enormous amount of effort to keep it going, and you don’t get what you want from it.” Joanna Coles
69. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” Oprah Winfrey
70. “Love should not make you feel like walking on eggshells.” Emma Xu
71. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” Ernest Hemingway
I hope you found what you were looking for here. I pray you to get well soon.