When you sell your home you have to make it look presentable enough to capture a buyer or two. You want people vying for your home and that means making it look good. Giving your garden some love is going to help it to sell faster and a well-kept backyard is going to boost your property value massively. No one wants to move into a property with an unfinished outdoor space, and if you can make yours look spectacular you’re going to find it getting snapped up.
To be able to sell your house quickly, you should think about using companies like Belgard to help you to plan your exterior. A landscaper, an outdoor planner and an architect will help you to get your home off the market faster with a much better result for property value, too. So, let’s take a look at the garden updates you should do before you list it:
- Add an outdoor building. If you want to get your house off the market, an outdoor building is going to help. Log cabins, summer houses, greenhouses and more offer more space for living and that will help to add dimensions to your garden you didn’t previously have. Buyers want to see that the space you have is functional and liveable and a structure outdoors can help. You’ll get the added benefit of having something not connected to your home, too.
- Think about the greenery. Weeds, nettles, grass – they all overgrow, and the best thing that you can do here is give the entire space a facelift! Take a gardener to your back and front yards and see how your garden looks better pretty quickly. It doesn’t matter when you’re looking to sell your house, either. It’s vital that you take care of the way it looks before it can be sold.
- Make sure that you have a focal point. A well-maintained garden is going to offer the buyers a focus point and that means things like fountains, a pool or even a loveseat can really help. It is all going to work to increase the value of your home in the end and there is nothing wrong with that! Having a patio can help to offer a good reason for your buyers to pick your home among all others.
- Add something watery. A pond, a cascade, a waterfall – all of these things can increase the value of your property and ensure that it’s a tranquil haven! You want something that babbles and bubbles, and water features can do that easily. It helps the area to feel more attractive and calm, and it ensures that you give a good reason for people to buy your home.
- Add some shrubbery. Privacy matters a lot when it comes to selling a house. If you ensure that your property has a private back yard, you’re going to have people seeing a beautiful space that is worth their mortgage. Adding shrubbery around the edge of the backyard will help!