Keranique vs Rogaine for your hair treatment? Are you confused between the two? Here, you will learn salient features, pros and cons of each to decide which one is better for you!
Keranique and Rogaine are two of the most popular hair loss treatments on the market. You've probably come across these two names if you've been studying hair loss. But how do they actually stack up against one another – is one substantially better than the other, or are they fairly comparable?
Table of Contents
Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you buy from my link I might make a small commission. This does not affect the price you pay. See the full affiliate disclosure here.
Understanding Hair Loss
Hair loss is an occurrence that happens to many people around the world. It's only considered hair loss when the rate of shedding exceeds the rate of regrowth. The average person sheds 50 to 100 strands per day while regrowing about the same amount.
When hair loss occurs, it can be due to a variety of reasons:
- Hormonal imbalances: This is the most common type of hair loss. It can be caused by changes in androgen (male hormone) levels, which can be due to puberty, menopause, pregnancy, or stress.
- Genetics: Hair loss can also be passed down from your parents. If you have a family member who has experienced genetic hair loss, you're more likely to experience it as well.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions can also lead to hair loss, such as thyroid problems, diabetes, lupus, anemia, and dry scalp infections.
- Medications: Certain medications can also cause inflammatory hair loss. These include chemotherapy drugs, blood thinners, beta-blockers, and more.
- Nutritional deficiencies: A history of hair loss can also be caused by a lack of certain nutrients, such as protein, iron, and zinc. In these cases, nutritional hair loss is usually temporary and can be remedied by changing your diet.
- Physical trauma: Signs of hair loss can be a side effect of physical trauma, such as surgery, illness, or severe stress. This type of hair loss is usually temporary.
- Styling damage: Over-styling your hair can cause damage to the beautiful hair shaft, leading to hair breakage and shedding. Chemically-treated hair is more vulnerable to this. Some hairstyles such as tight braids, cornrows, or ponytails can also cause traction alopecia, which is a type of hair loss caused by damaged hair follicles.
Hair loss can be temporary or permanent, and it can affect men, women, and children. There are a variety of treatments and hair regrowth products available, depending on the cause of the form of hair loss. Some of the treatments people go for include Keranique and Rogaine.
A Quick Overview
The primary distinction between Rogaine and Keranique is that Rogaine may be used by both men and women to cure hair loss, whereas Keranique is a solution designed specifically for women, while Rogaine aids in the treatment and prevention of hair loss, Keranique concentrates on hair regeneration and aesthetics.
If you're searching for an excellent system at a reasonable price, Rogaine is a good option.
Minoxidil is a key component in both Rogaine and Keranique's hair loss treatments, present in different proportions.
In the instance of encouraging hair growth in males, Rogaine contains 50 mg of Minoxidil per gramme of product. Women's formulas include 2% Minoxidil, while men's formulas contain 2%.
Keranique, on the other hand, has 2% Minoxidil in its composition, as well as chemicals that are linked to the metabolic and chemical requirements of women's scalps.
The items are presented in a unique way.
- Keranque is a three-part package.
- Rogaine is available in one-part packaging, which comes in foam, lotion, and spray versions.
The reason is that a one-step therapy is fantastic for guys. While women, on the whole, have greater patience and tenacity when it comes to applying a three-step therapy.
Rogaine's Distinguishing Feature
Rogaine includes minoxidil, which has the added benefit of including vasodilators in its composition. When the blood supply to the hair follicle might be limited, the hair follicles aren't getting enough oxygen and nutrients to thrive, which contributes to even further shrinkage.
Minoxidil acts as a vasodilator, causing blood vessels to dilate. This implies the nutrients and minerals can reopen the pathway to the hair follicles, resulting in hair growth. So, in the end, Minoxidil is intended to address the demands of a male scalp suffering from alopecia.
Keranique’s Distinguishing Feature
Keranique therapy consists of three steps:
- Keranique Shampoo is a nourishing and soothing shampoo that contains antioxidants and vitamins. It also adds lustre, volume, and smoothness to the hair, all of which are important to ladies.
- Conditioner provides strength to the hair.
- Remedy for hair regrowth: stops hair loss and promotes new hair growth.
Soft anionics are also present, allowing moisture to penetrate the scalp without the need of surfactants, promoting new hair development. Women definitely need this therapy for maintaining good strength of hair.
FAQs: Keranique vs Rogaine
Does Rogaine work for all types of hair loss?
No, Although Rogaine has been shown to be effective in stimulating hair growth, not everybody and every form of hair loss will respond to it. It has the FDA approval to aid in hair growth for female signs of hair thinning and male pattern baldness.
However, other types of hair loss have also been treated with it. You should consult a doctor before using it. Even if it does help your hair grow, you probably won't get all of your hair back. If you want to keep your results, you usually have to use it consistently.
What is the best treatment for women's thinning hair?
Minoxidil (Rogaine) is the only topical medication approved by the FDA for female-pattern hair loss. The once-daily use foam treatment regrows hair in 81% of the women who try it. Liquid applications of 2% and 5% solutions are available over the counter. But stronger versions can be obtained via prescription.
Spironolactone (Aldactone) is an oral medication that can be used in women and children to treat certain types of hair loss and acne. Hair transplants are also a possible option for restoring hair. This cosmetic surgery procedure moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called the donor site to bald or thinning areas.
Final Words – Which One is Better for Your Hair?
Keranique is a fantastic hair loss therapy for ladies. It thickens hair strands, makes them shinier, and makes them stronger, in addition to promoting new hair development. Rogaine is a baldness therapy for males.
Whatever choice you select, keep the fundamental concept of CONSISTENCY in mind because the effects do not appear overnight, but rather over time.
Check out more comparisons: