- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium zucchini (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by greasing the cups with nonstick cooking spray or lining each cup with paper liners.
- Combine the unsweetened applesauce, brown sugar, egg, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Whisk to mix.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined.
- Add the zucchini and stir to mix.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup 2/3 of the way full. Top each muffin with three chocolate chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin. Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Each muffin has 3 Weight Watchers points