Signs That Your House Needs to be Updated
There are plenty of home trends that come and go over the years, but if you’re not paying attention to your own home, how are you supposed to know that it’s time to be updated? You walk into your house every day after work, you eat some food, you fall into bed exhausted. The chances are that you don’t pay too much attention to what your home is doing day to day. When was the last time you put paint on the walls? When was the last time you upgraded the kitchen cabinetry? The good news is that there are plenty of ways that you can bring new styles that you used to love into your home and update it to be more trendy.
From top rated entry doors that are more secure, to brand-new windows that are more energy-efficient and let the light into the home, there are upgrades that you could make that you may not have considered before. From the walls and floors to the furniture and the windows, you can make the upgrades that will make a huge difference to your house. In this article, we are going to talk about all of the signs that your house really does need an update.
- Everything is beige. You need colour in your life, and if your home – from the walls to the carpet and the furniture – is looking very neutral, very beige and very bland, it’s time to go and upgrade. The monochrome gray is no longer in – we are not looking at all the different shades of beige any more when it comes to your home, we are talking about color bursts and new fresh coloring across every area of your house. If the colour of your home is boring you then that’s a good sign you need to update it.
- You still have sponge painted walls. That’s so 90s! Sponge painting your walls used to be the coolest thing to do, but it’s not cool any more. If you are still sporting your sponge painted walls in your house, it’s time for a change. If you can’t think of how to change it, speak to the interior designer and get their advice and they help.
- The decor looks babyish. Wallpaper with borders across the top or across the middle look pretty babyish even though they were a huge trend in the 90s. You need to look at upgrading the walls as much as possible, so why not go for a bold-patterned accent wall instead? Not many people are doing this these days, but that doesn’t mean it’s not trendy. If your house is still looking babyish, then it’s time to make a change and upgrade it to be a little bit more modern.
- You still sport overflowing furnishings. There was once a time that over puffy and overstuffed couches and recliners were a thing. However, this is 2022, so you need to look at slicker furnishings that pair with cool ottomans rather than reclining arm chairs. Your furnishings should be as modern as possible if you want to embrace the modern look for your home. Overstuffed furniture? Not so modern.
- Your linens are faded. If you are using the same bed linen that you used for the past 20 years, the likelihood is that they’ve been washed out by the boil washes you put them through over the years. If you want your home to look more modern you have to go beyond the windows and the walls and look at your linens and your towels. Go shopping and upgrade to some White Company crispy white linen for your beds, and change up your crusty towels for soft ones for the linen cupboards.
- You are clinging onto pink. We don’t just mean pink bed sheets, we’re talking pink walls, pink furnishings, pink baths and bathroom suites. The 1970s used to love a colored bathroom suite but we are not enjoying them today. A good sign that your house needs to be updated is that you are swimming in damask and you need to make a change. Play with some new patterns, colors and figure out ways to refresh your space. Oh, and if you have a colored bathroom, call in the bathroom guys – it’s time to make it change.
- It’s not energy-efficient. We need to get back to the community in a positive way, so have a look at ways that you can upgrade your home to be more energy efficient, saving you money.