Oh, fall. How I love you! LOL. I am sorry but, I just can’t wait for fall personally and, I know my friends in the south really can’t wait for it. It actually has been rather lovely here in the mountains of North Carolina and rather chilly in the evening. Cooler temps in the evening are really getting me into the fall spirit, and today I wanted to share a beautiful Pumpkin and Apple Baked Oatmeal.
One thing that I adore about the fall is the fantastic pumpkin spells, and apple smells that float through your home while you bake. There is nothing better in my book. Not only do you get an amazing treat, but you also have a home filled with amazing smells.
This recipe is out of this world amazing and super easy to make. For me it could be an amazing breakfast treat for your family or enjoyed anytime during the day. It is really flexible.
How To Make Pumpkin & Apple Baked Oatmeal
Did I already tell you how easy this recipe is? It contains two parts one is the Pumpkin Oatmeal itself and the second is the Apple Streusel topping. For me, this is what sets this recipe apart from other Pumpkin Oatmeal recipes.
In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk to mix.
Next, add the milk and whisk until combined.
Stir in the oats and set the bowl aside.
Apple Streusel topping
Like I said that Apple Streusel topping is what really makes this recipe super amazing. To make the streusel topping, combine apples, flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to mix. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and stir to combine.
Pour the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly. Top the oatmeal mixture with the streusel mixture. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe might sound a bit long to make or too much work, but it really is simple and takes very little time to prep and bake. Below you will find a full recipe and make sure to use Pinterest to save this so that you can always come back to it. Happy Cooking.
- Ingredients for the Oatmeal:
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup milk
- 2 ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- Ingredients for the Apple Streusel Topping:
- 2 medium apples, peeled and diced
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9-inch round baking dish by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla extract and salt. Whisk to mix.
- Add the milk and whisk until combined.
- Stir in the oats and set bowl aside.
- To make the streusel topping, combine apples, flour, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to mix. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the oat mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Top the oatmeal mixture with the streusel mixture.
8. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Simply Organic Vanilla Flavoring, 4 Ounce
Quaker Oats, Quick 1-Minute Oatmeal, Breakfast Cereal, 55 Servings, Two 40oz Bags in Box
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org