Ello, everyone! I hope that you are all ready for the fourth of July. It is hard to believe how fast this year is moving along. My husband and I are traveling again, but I wanted to share another wonderful cookie recipe with you that is super simple to make, the Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookies. These cookies are super simple to make just like the Chocolate Covered Pretzel Cookies.
This 4th of July my husband and I will be spending it with his daughter and son. I can’t wait to see his expression at the fireworks for the first time! Needless to say, we shall be chowing down on these wonderful and Patriotic M&M Fire Works Cookies.
What I love about my recipes is that they look amazing, but they are really super simple to make in a jiffy. No matter if you are entertaining or just chilling with family, these are perfect. Firstly, you will preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Add flour, baking soda, and cornstarch in a medium bowl. You will then want to mix and combine this mixture. Using your electric mixer, add the butter and both sugars. Cream them together until smooth without lumps. While the mixer is on, slowly add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well.
Once the cookies are cooled, it is time to enjoy these fantastic little festive treats. Not only do they taste amazing, but they have the perfect presentation for the fourth of July.
I do hope that you check these out and you can find the full recipe below so that you can print this out to save. Enjoy, and most of all, have a wonderful and safe fourth of July.
- 2 C + 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 C unsalted butter (room temp)
- 1 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 large egg (room temp)
- 1 large egg yolk (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C red, white and blue M&Ms
- 1/4 C red, white, and blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Add flour, baking soda, and cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Using your electric mixer add butter and both sugars.
- Cream together until smooth and without lumps.
- While mixer is on, slowly add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture, stirring until completely mixed.
- Stir in the M&Ms and sprinkle. Stir just to combine.
- Transfer cookie dough to the refrigerator. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Measure cookie dough with a tablespoon placing the dough on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Check that the cookie edges are slightly brown.
- The cookie centers will be soft and puffy.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly on the cookie sheets before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email email@example.com