I am so happy to see that the warm weather is on its way. Since my husband and I have been traveling, I have not been doing as many recipes as I usually do, but I really wanted to share this amazing Nashville Chicken and Waffles Sandwich Recipe with you. This is perfect for spring and summer gatherings. I adore entertaining guests with unusual yet different foods, and this is perfect.
These are quickly becoming a popular dish in our home, and I just had to show you how easy these are to make. When I say easy, I mean super easy. You just really need a couple of ingredients, and most likely you might already have them in your home.
These are perfect for rainy days this summer when you can’t grill outside for guest but really want to make something super amazing.
Don’t these look amazing!!!??? ? These Nashville Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches really have an amazingly bold flavor that your family and friends will just love! Below you will find a full recipe to recreate these at your home. If you do make sure to tag me on social media! Are you looking for another fantastic recipe? Check out these Banana Split Cupcakes!!
- 4 chicken breasts tenders
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 plus ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp pepper, ground
- ½ tsp oregano, dried
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- Egg Wash
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp. Louisiana hot sauce
- Nashville Sauce
- 2 tbsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup frying oil ( see below )
- The rest:
- Frozen waffles - buttermilk, toasted
- Leafy green lettuce
- Spicy Sandwich spread
- Tomato, slices
- Combine salt, pepper, paprika sprinkle over chicken.
- Place a sealable bag, refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine breading ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl add the egg, milk, water and hot sauce whisk to combine.
- In a microwavable bowl, add sauce ingredients, whisk, and set aside.
- Coat chicken in flour mix.
- Then dip in the egg mixture.
- Dip again in the flour mix.
- Set chicken to the side to rest for 15 minutes.
- In a large frying pan heat oil to 325 F.
- Fry chicken until crispy, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ½ cup of the HOT frying oil and slowly add it to the sauce mix. Carefully whisk to combine.
- Add the chicken to the glaze mix and turn repeatedly to cover completely.
- Place on a parchment covered pan to rest.
- Repeat with all chicken tenders.
- Set to the side
- Place hot chicken between two waffle halves.
- Top with condiments, sauce, etc.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email email@example.com