Ello, Folks! I hope that you all are having a wonderful week? Today I wanted to share a recipe with you that I thought you would enjoy has much as I have. You might have noticed if you go to Dunkin’ Donuts that they already have their pumpkin donuts out to purchase, but why not make your very own at home? It is actually much easier than you might think.
These are perfect to make for your family or guests that might be coming this fall season and holiday. I adore anything pumpkin, I always have and these are the perfect little treat for you to enjoy.
How To Make Pumpkin Donuts At Home
So let’s start off by showing you a few steps before you get started? Below you will find a printable recipe and I highly suggest pinning this so that you can always find it and use this for guests and family. For this recipe, you will need to have a donut pan available and I have linked a couple below that I feel would be perfect.
To make these delicious babies all you have to do is simply wish in a large bowl, the gluten free baking flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, canola oil, melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk to mix.
Next, you will combine your wet and dry ingredients. The best way to fill the cavity of your donut pan is with a pipping bag, so I suggest using this to help things along. Fill you bag and fill your donut pan. You will then bake for 20 minutes.
While your pumpkin donuts are cooling make the glaze by combining the the powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Lastly, dip each of the donuts into the glaze and put back on the cooling rack.
These just came out so perfectly and are the best way to welcome fall into your home. Not only do they taste totally amazing but the smell as they cook will loft in the kitchen. So Yummy. If you adore pumpkin as much as I do make sure to check out my Pumpkin Thumbprint Cookies. Happy Cooking.
- 3 cups gluten-free baking flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare donut pans by greasing with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free baking flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, pumpkin spice, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, canola oil, melted butter, vanilla extract, and egg. Whisk to mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and fill each donut cavity with batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until donut springs back when pressed with a finger.
- Allow donuts to cool in pan for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Dip each cooled donut in the glaze, then place back on wire rack until the glaze has set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org