As most of you know, I personally don’t eat meat, but I live with a “meat and potatoes” kinda man, which means that I still have to cook it. I have come across just about the best way to make the perfect Texas Oven-Baked Brisket. This recipe will soon become your favorite when it comes to cooking a brisket.
Before we know it, summer will be ending and that means that it is time to start finding amazing recipes that you can create inside. There is no better time than now to start looking, and this recipe is perfect in every way.
I will be honest, you might be thinking during the weeknights in the fall when school has just began that this might be too long to make (cooking time is about 5-6 hours), but it is totally worth every second. Once you have combined all the ingredients there is nothing to it! Just bake and eat.
One thing about cooking a brisket is that you want the inside of the meat to be tender and juicy and have a beautiful crispy crust. The recipe that you will find below will help you make that perfect Texas Brisket. If you are looking for the perfect side dish, check out the Smashed Ranch Potatoes recipe.
My husband just loves the pairing of the Smashed Ranch Potatoes and the Texas Oven-Baked Brisket. We usually just add a simple veggie such as green beans to finish off the dish.Print
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 bay leaf (crushed)
- 4 pounds beef brisket (trimmed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim the fat off the brisket.
- In a small bowl add chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, garlic and onion powders, black pepper, sugar, and dry mustard.
- Season the brisket on both sides with the rub.
- Pat the rub into the meat.
- Wrap the meat in foil and seal the edges.
- Place the foil wrapped brisket in a baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Lower oven to 300 degrees F. and continue to cook for 3-4 hours.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 20 minutes.
- Slice meat thinly across the grain.
- Category: Dinner Recipes