Skip to Content

Is Your Home Making You Sick?

Help To Spread Our Content!

A lot of people randomly wake up one morning and they are not well. Doctors can’t seem to explain it, and patients get frustrated. What if it’s your environment that is making you sick? A lot of people have found there are things going on in their home they didn’t notice, and it is having a negative effect on their wellness. If you’re not feeling well, is your home making you sick?

Radon Poisoning

Radon is a gas that is emitted from rocks and soil. Obviously, radon is in the air around us at any given time and we breathe it in daily. Radon poisoning happens when we are inhaling too much of it. Radon gas can get trapped in our homes and when inhaled, radon can start to damage your body. It can leak into your home through wiring, plumbing, or cracks in the structure of your home. You can’t smell radon, so you have to have a radon expert come and test the air in your home.

Mold Poisoning

Mold poisoning affects your entire body. Trouble breathing, tingling in your body, headaches, and absolute exhaustion. Mold forms in dark, moist, and humid areas like the bathroom, crawl spaces, under sinks, and in basements. If you have these symptoms, call mold remediation experts to come to your home and look for mold. If found, they can kill it and get the spores out of the air that may be making you ill. 

Your Carpet

Carpeting traps a lot of pathogens that get released into the air when you walk. You inhale those mites, dust, and spores and before long, you can start feeling sick. Vacuum your carpet three times a week with a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter to capture as many of the agents as you can. Steam clean the carpets as well to ensure they are super clean. If you can, get rid of the carpet all together and get hardwood floors. 

Carbon Monoxide

If you don’t already have one, install carbon monoxide detectors in your home right away. They look just like smoke detectors and they too can save your life. You cannot smell CO, and it can kill you. Dryers, cars, furnaces, and fireplaces can all be causes of CO in your home and when you inhale carbon monoxide you develop blurry vision, get dizzy, nauseated, and weak. If you have these symptoms, leave your home and dial 911.

Humidifier

A lot of people need humidifiers. It helps with allergies and it helps if you live in a dry climate. What people don’t realize about humidifiers is that when the air gets moist, fungi, molds, and germs can be produced in the air. What’s more is that if you don’t clean your humidifier regularly, mold will form inside the machine and when you turn it on, all those spores are being shot into the air you breathe. 

If your home is making you sick, seek medical attention and then take the proper steps to remove the cause of your illness. 

Disclosure:

The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email hellobettycompany@gmail.com