I will be the first one to admit that I am not a HUGE reader. Online yes, but when it comes to a “hold in my hands” book, it just never happens. Life happens. Today I wanted to share with you a great gift idea for anyone that enjoys to read or wants to get back into reading. Once Upon A Book Club is the perfect book club for anyone and I am impressed.
They are totally different than any book club I have seen online because you actually get little goodies to go along with the book as you read. This gives you a bit of a surprise as you go through.
- ADULT: Newly released, adult (18+) fiction book (Contemporary, General, or Historical fiction) Subscribers have the option of contacting us for the title.
- YOUNG ADULT: Newly released, young adult fiction book geared towards ages 14+
- 3 – 5 individually wrapped gifts with page numbers from the book, not meant to be opened until you reach the given page – bringing the book to life.
- A 5×7 quote print featuring a quote from the selected book
- Discussion questions (featured both of Facebook and Instagram) and read-a-long dates for live discussions and gift openings with fellow Book Club members
The book that I received was the October 2018 box which included some amazing items. Since it is November, I don’t feel too bad sharing them with you so that you can see. The book was The Impossible Girl by Lydia Kang. Each of the gifts has a page number on it so that you can open them as you read, bringing your book to life!
About The Book:
Manhattan, 1850. Born out of wedlock to a wealthy socialite and a nameless immigrant, Cora Lee can mingle with the rich just as easily as she can slip unnoticed into the slums and graveyards of the city. As the only female resurrectionist in New York, she’s carved out a niche procuring bodies afflicted with the strangest of anomalies. Anatomists will pay exorbitant sums for such specimens—dissecting and displaying them for the eager public.
Cora’s specialty is not only profitable, it’s a means to keep a finger on the pulse of those searching for her. She’s the girl born with two hearts—a legend among grave robbers and anatomists—sought after as an endangered prize.
Now, as a series of murders unfolds closer and closer to Cora, she can no longer trust those she holds dear, including the young medical student she’s fallen for. Because someone has no intention of waiting for Cora to die a natural death.
Everything inside was so stinking cute and really went well with the book. I think this gives anyone a nice little change. You can purchase this subscription box online, and I highly suggest checking it out.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org