Is your underwear drawer full of old bras that don’t fit anymore and panties with worn-out elastic? Your lingerie should work with your body to give you good support and make your outfits look good. Here are the pieces of lingerie every woman should have.
- A nude t-shirt bra. This is the ultimate all round basic. A t-shirt bra gives a smooth shape under your tops, and the nude color won’t show through white clothing. Try and find a nude shade that matches your skin as closely as possible.
- A convertible bra. Don’t buy multiple bras with different straps and instead invest in one with straps that can be moved or removed. A good strapless bra is important, but some tops and dress might require one strap, or a racerback style. With a good multiway bra, you can adapt your bra to with different necklines.
- Shapewear. You don’t need to opt for control pants if you don’t want them, but some smoothing shapewear can be a great addition to your underwear drawer. Create smooth lines, and smooth out any lumps and bumps if you’re wearing a more close-fitting outfit than usual.
- Seamless panties. Whether you opt for a thong or seamless boy shorts, some underwear that won’t show pantylines under clingy fabrics or tight fitting trousers is an essential.
- A bralette. Bralettes are designed to give coverage and support under tops that don’t allow for a traditional bra. Sheer fabrics or low armholes mean the bralette will be seen, but you’ll keep your modesty. Choose something pretty that you don’t mind showing off.
- Something that makes you feel sexy. Whether it’s a set of beautiful underwear to wear on a date night,or just something to slip on for a confidence boost, add something fun to your lingerie drawer. If everything you own is practical, slip in something a little frivolous.
- A sports bra. Depending on what sport you do, you might need low or high impact. Low impact bras are better for activities like yoga, pilates or walking, but for sports like running, you’ll need a high impact sport bra. Buy it in your cup size and invest in the best you can afford to protect your breasts during exercise.
- A robe. Two is ideal. Buy a cosy, fluffy option to put on over your pyjamas during cold weather, and choose a lighter weight option too, to wear as a coverup when the weather is warmer.
- A slip. It might seem old fashioned, but a silk slip is a great way to add some extra warmth to an outfit. They’re also great as a barrier between your skin and an itchy fabric like wool.
- Different kinds of panties. Panties in different shapes work with different clothes. High-waisted is good for smoothing, thongs are good for tight outfits,hipsters are leg lengthening and boy short styles are perfect for comfy days.
- A soft cup bra. For lounging weekends, choose a soft cup bra with underwiring. They’re more comfortable, and after a week of underwire and structured cups, they can be a lovely change.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email email@example.com