Texas isn’t always top of the tourist wish list, but this state actually has a lot to offer. On your next vacation, why not take a trip to Texas and experience everything from city life to amazing countryside.
- Visit the rodeo. Texas has long been the home of the cowboy, and cattle are part of one of the biggest industries in the state. See a classic rodeo for a true taste of Texas history and culture.
- Visit Houston. This city is a pretty diverse place. You can catch the state’s largest rodeo, visit the space centre or see the animals at the zoo. Stay at the very central Quality Inn, a hotel close to Houston Zoo. The hotel is not only a great location for hitting the tourist spots, but it’s pet friendly, is set up perfectly for business travellers.
- Take in the range of Texas. Texas is larger than some countries, which means you can experience forests, beaches, cities and more in a range of climates all in one state.
- Eat the food. Texas is famous for its barbecue and you can’t visit Texas and not try some. Teaxans take great pride in their barbecue methods, especially when it comes to a classic brisket. Ex[ect to eat well too. After all, everything is bigger in Texas.
- NASA. If you love science, space or science-fiction, you can’t miss a trip to the Houston Space Station. There are world class exhibits here, and one of the places in the world where you can actually see astronauts training. This is a great trip to make with kids for lots of opportunities for hands-on activities and the change to touch a real moonrock.
- Listen to live music. Austin in Texas is known as the live music capital. Texas has a thriving music and arts scene, so you’re to find something interesting to check out. Houston also has a thriving performing arts scene in the theatre district, so there’s no excuse not to soak up some culture.
- Play cowboy. Visit a dude ranch for your chance to be a cowboy for a few days. Ride horses around the trail of the beautiful Texan countryside. Back at camp, you can hear cowboy stories, sing songs and enjoy some classic Texan food.
- Watch Sports. Texas is a sports lovers dream. In the state, there are three NBA teams, two NFL teams, two MLB teams, two MLS teams, one NHL team, and of course, F1, NASCAR and IndyCar. Whatever your sport of choice is, there are lots to see in Texas. American Football is the most popular in the state, but baseball, basketball, soccer, hockey and motorsports all draw large crowds, so you can guarantee an exciting atmosphere.
Thanks to the sheer size of Texas, there’s an enormous amount to do, whether you want a peaceful vacation in the countryside or an exciting time in the city. Explore the culture, history and cuisine of Texas and have a vacation you’ll never forget.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org