My husband just loves pork in fact, he adores this recipe to my delight! I have the worst time coming up with recipes that he will like as he is just the type of man that has his favorites and that is that.
The great thing about the pork and apple bake is that you could really use this for entertaining guests as well. It has the perfect flavor that everyone will enjoy.
Below you will find the entire recipe and please be sure to pin on Pinterest! Trust me, your family will love this recipe. T
- 1(3-4 lb) boneless pork loin (pre garlic seasoned)
- 4 garlic clove
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper (freshly ground)
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 2 medium Gala apples, (thinly sliced)
- 1 large purple onion (cut into eighths)
- 2 TBSP chilled unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary
- 2 springs of fresh sage
- Cast iron skillet (10-12 inch)
- Move the oven rack into the middle of the oven.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the pepper over the paste.
- Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet.
- Put the skillet on medium-high heat until the oil begins to shimmer.
- Add the pork searing on both sides until it is a deep golden-brown color but still lifts easily from the skillet.(4-6 minutes per side)
- Transfer the pork lion to a plate after each side (4) has been browned.
- Add the butter, onion, apples, and herbs to the skillet.
- Turn off the heat on the stove but do not remove the skillet off the stove top. Using thons move the ingredients around in the skillet.
- Add the pork lion back to the skillet. (Keeping the juices from the plate.) Sit the pork loin on top on the apples, onions, and herbs.
- Pour the juices from the plate on top of the loin.
- Transfer the skillet into the oven for about 1 hour. (Or until a meat thermometer reads 145 degrees. (Insert the thermometer into the thickest area of the pork.)
- Remove from the oven and allow the pork loin to sit for a brief period to rest.