Ello, folks! I do hope that you are having a wonderful week? Today I wanted to share with you these beautiful and easy love cupcakes. One thing that I adore about this recipe is that it is super easy and they look like they just have come from the bakery. Spoil your family a bit this Valentine’s Day.
You can always fool people when it comes to your baking skills and with these love cupcakes, you will have them thinking your the next “Cake Boss”. You will just need a few things and you can always just use boxed cake mix if you are in a rush. What really makes these special is the topping.
What You Need For The Love Cupcakes
- 1 C Ghirardelli chocolate melting wafers
- 1 piping bag with #2 piping tip
- 1 Cookie sheet with wax paper
- 1 print out of the word “Love” in cursive
The first thing that you will want to do is to find a font that you love and print out the word “Love” on your printer. This helps to keep everything uniform and makes for less mistakes in the long run. This will be put under your wax paper so that you can write perfectly.
Super cool right?
Directions To Write Love:
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave for 30 second or until smooth
- Scoop into the piping bag
- Place the print out sheet onto the cookie sheet
- Place the wax paper above the print out sheet
- Using the piping bag, pipe out the word about 24-26 times
- Allow to harden for a few hours
- The extras are incase some break
Like I said before you can totally use packaged cake mixed and frosting but below I have included directions on how to make your own. These are totally yummy.
I do hope that you check these out and if you are looking for more amazing recipes check out our recipe section. Happy Cooking.
- Ingredients for the Cupcakes:
- 1 C flour
- ¼ C plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C sugar
- ⅓ C Canola oil
- ½ C buttermilk
- 1 large egg room temp.
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- For the Vanilla frosting
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pink gel food coloring
- 1 large piping bag with a star tip
- Valentines Day sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line your muffin pans with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder,
baking soda, and salt, sift to combine.
- Add in the sugar and brown sugar stir until combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, cream beer, and vanilla extract. Stir
Pour the batter 3/4 in the cupcake liners.
Fill each one 3/4 of the way full.
Bake at 350°F for 17-22 minutes.
Remove the cupcakes from the oven.
Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in
a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer.
Add the butter on medium speed and beat for 1 minute.
Add in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time.
Continue to mix to combine.
Add the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract.
Mix on medium-high speed until the mixture is combined
Split the frosting in half
Mix in a few drops of pink coloring into one bowl and mix until combined
Scoop onto one side of the piping bag
Scoop white frosting onto the other side of the piping bag
Frost cooled cupcakes
Sprinkle some valentines day sprinkles on top
Carefully peel the “love” word off the wax paper
Place into the middle of the frosting