As most of you know trending right now when it comes to social media are the super fun hot cocoa bombs. I just love making these and they are so much fun, but I wanted to share with you a little twist by making Andes Hot Cocoa Bombs, which are amazing if you add just a touch of Irish Whiskey to your drink.
These are perfect for a girls night or even just relaxing while watching your favorite Netflix show. Hot Cocoa Bombs are so easy to make, anyone can do it.
Firstly, you will need just a couple of items to properly make any cocoa bomb you might choose. Everything can be found online (Amazon) or even at your local store.
What You Need To Make Andes Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 2 – 70mm Silicone Sphere Molds
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Dark Candy Melting Wafers 30 oz
- Mint Hot Chocolate Mix
- Mini Marshmallows
- disposable piping bag
- Green Candy Melts
- 8-12 Andes mint (you’ll need a few extra in case you end up eating a few)
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with wax paper
So let’s get ready to build our Andes Whiskey Hot Cocoa Bombs, shall we? The first thing we will need to do is to prepare the molds themselves. It is totally your choice but any have found that using the molds is a bit difficult to control when they are all attached.
What you can do is simply cut the molds from each other so that you can easily coat the inside of the mold with your chocolate.
Steps To Make your Cocoa Bomb Shells
- Use a paper towel or clean kitchen towel and wipe the inside of the silicone molds. This will allow your chocolate mold to have a shiny coat on it
- Using a small bowl, place ½ C of the dark chocolate and set aside for later
- Using a heat safe bowl, pour the chocolate into the bowl and place the
Ghirardelli melting wafers in the microwave for 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir the chocolate after each 45 seconds until completely melted and smooth
- Using a spoon, spoon about 1-2 tbsp of the chocolate into the mold
- Carefully swirl the chocolate to completely coat the inside of the mold
- Lightly shake the extra chocolate back into the bowl
- Place the coated molds into the fridge for 5-10 minutes
- Remove from the fridge and gently peel the silicone mold back away from the hardened chocolate shell
- Carefully place the mold onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with remaining molds
- You should now have 8 half sphere molds
- Carefully take the open side of the sphere and place it onto the warm plate
- to melt off the uneven edges to create a smooth edging
- Place the shell back onto the cookie sheet and allow the edge to harden
- Place the 1 C of the green candy melts into a small bowl and melt in
the microwave until smooth
- Spoon into the piping bag and set aside
Building Your Cocoa Bomb
- The next steps is where the magic happens. I wanted to make sure that I didn’t miss anything so I went through each step, but none of the steps take long at all
- Scoop about 1 tbsp of the hot cocoa mix into the bottom of the
- sphere mold
- Place the top of the shell back onto the warm warm plate to melt the edges
- for a few seconds
- Quickly place the melted edges onto the filled shell and gently press down
- Cut the tip off the piping bag and drizzle candy melt over the cocoa bombs
- Place a Andes mint onto the center
- Allow to set before enjoying in a 8oz glass of steaming milk!
Super cool right!
This process can be used for making all sorts of cocoa bombs, I just thought this was a little nice twist on the traditional bombs you might find around the net.
Looking for other drink recipes? Head on over to this page to find more.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org