Did you know it takes only 17 muscles to smile, but 43 to frown. Why waste all that energy frowning when you could just smile? Today I wanted to share something fun just in time for the holiday, 20 ways to make someone smile. We forget at times that giving back could simply mean making someone smile.
In todays world we simply dont smile enough. By making someone smile you will make a good friend. Not to mention boost their confidence and make you smile at the same time.
5 Fun facts about smiling
- Women smile more than men.
- Smiling releases endorphins that make us feel better.
- We are all born with the ability to smile, it’s not something we learn from others.
- A smile is a universal expression of happiness.
- A smiling person is thought to be a more pleasant, attractive, sociable, sincere and competent than a non-smiling person.
We simply just don’t smile enough in the world we live in so I wanted to share these fun ways to get someone to smile.
20 ways to turn that frown upside down.
- Send some flowers to your partner at work. (Check out overnight flowers)
- Compliment a friend or work colleague on their appearance.
- Donate something to charity.
- Take a friend out to lunch.
- Let someone know you miss them.
- Make a surprise telephone call to your partner at work, just to say hi.
- Hold a door open for someone walking behind you.
- Hug your partner for no reason.
- Leave a joke on a friends answer machine.
- Send a card to a friend letting them know what a good friend they are.
- Give up your seat on the train to someone when there aren’t any left.
- Share your umbrella on a rainy day.
- Ask a friend if they need anything while you’re out shopping.
- When it’s raining, plan an indoor picnic with your children.
- Leave a love letter somewhere where your partner will find it.
- Send someone an unusual and unexpected gift like chocolate, flowers or sex toys.
- Tell your child you’re proud of them.
- Tell someone you thought about them the other day.
- Cook a surprise meal for your partner one night, especially if they normally do the cooking.
- Tell your partner you love them.
One of my favorite ways to make someone smile is to share an umbrella. I was at Walmart one day a couple of years ago and it started to pour the rain. Needless to say, a wonderful older woman ran up to me and shared her’s. Now when I am at the store or out and about I make sure to share my umbrella.
Of course, due to the present COVID situation this is not practical but when we do get back to normal this is a simply way to make someone smile.
I find that it is the smallest things that can make a person smile and it really can give you a great lift in your spirit as well. I hope that these give you some idea to help someone smile and those around you just happy in general.
The opinions expressed here are that of Hello Betty only. While the products in this post were given complimentary for posting purposes, that does not alter our opinion of the product mentioned. Some posts may contain affiliate links. If you have any questions email email@example.com