Tired of losing your house keys? Try Schlage Connect
I have to admit that I lose my house keys almost all the time, or forget them in the house. Let’s just say crawling in the window is no fun, when you have two dogs looking you down. I have done this many times and I know others that do as well. This is why the The Schlage Connect is the perfect addition to your home. Schlage has been in business since 1920 and still holding strong in today’s market. Though times have changed and designs have changed since 1920, Schlage still hold their wonderful company practices of meticulous designers, painstaking engineers, and proud craftsmen. This is prevalent in the Schlage Connect lock.
Installing the Schlage Connect was very simple, yet my husband would not let me touch it. I don’t think he has that much faith in me. he he. Your lock will come with everything you will need to install the new lock. Down to the screws that will be needed. Along with the touchscreen is a support plate, battery cover and alarm assembly. Then of course you have the bolt itself, along with a strike and reinforcement plate. Right about now your head might be spinning, thinking “what in the world is a reinforcement plate and a strike?”. The great thing about this particular lock is that the directions are very well laid out for you and explains where each part goes. Here is just an example of how clear the directions are.
Once your lock is installed again following the directions in the manual, you enter your programming code for your lock. Once this is entered you then set up the user codes. Since it is just me and my husband, I just set up one code for the both of us. I use the same codes for just about everything in my life, but what if for some reason my husband and I would forget what it is? That is no problem. Included along with your Schlage Connect comes a key that can be used if for some reason the code is forgotten or your batteries have died. Below is a short video on the installation as well as when the lock is up and running.
I am so excited about this lock! Another great feature, which I hope to be putting into use is the Z-Wave®, a wireless technology that makes your house smarter, safer and far more convenient. You can connect to a smartphone, tablet or computer using the service you love with the features you need. This is a great addition to any home. If you have children you can really take advantage of this feature.
Other Great Features:
- ANSI Grade 1 Highest Residential Security
- Durable Resistive Touchscreen with matte finish to protect against fingerprints and smudges
- Anti-pick shield protects against lock tampering
- Strong motorized bolt automatically locks and unlocks when a user code is entered
- Build-in Alarm Technology senses movement of the door and allows this residential lock with alarm to alert homeowners with an audible alert
- Select between three alerts- activity, tamper or forced entry alert- and customized to meet fit your security needs
- Employs Z-Wave®, a wireless technology that makes your house smarter, safer and far more convenient
- Connect with your home via computer, tablet or smartphone with the service provider of your choice and get the exact features* you want
- Holds up to 30 user codes
- Easy installation with just a screwdriver- no wiring required
- *Connectivity features dependent upon service provider
This lock was actually installed in my new office. My husband and I have worked to complete it and soon will be done. I can’t wait to have my own little area and the Connect lock is a great addition. I chose the aged bronze finish, but this lock comes in many different finishes sure to match what you already have in place. Some of the finishes include bright brass, satin nickel, matte black and bright chrome. You can check out all the finishes at Schlage Connect, as well as other great features.
In my product postings, most of the products have been received free for my honest review. I will always give my honest opinion. All images and posts are property of Hello Betty.