Wowza! Time is flying and this week is Thanksgiving! Man oh Man. If you are like me I always wait till the last moment to get things together for the Thanksgiving meal and the one thing that I always wait till the last minute is the dessert or treats for guests. This year I am going No-Bake with the help of Mrs. Freshley’s. Creating semi-homemade desserts to impress holiday guests doesn’t require a day of slaving away in the kitchen. Mrs. Freshley’s has created two Thanksgiving-inspired treats that are sure to WOW guests without all the added stress.
Recently, Mrs. Freshley’s launched a new line of snacks, their Chocolate and Vanilla Icers snack cakes. These things are amazing on their own! I have never been a huge fan of this type of snack cake because they always seem so artificial but these have just great flavor and just the right about of sweetness. I have to admit that I am in love with the Vanilla Icers! Let’s just say that they are too good to share! he he he.
Just in time for Thanksgiving Mrs. Freshley’s has announced two great No-bake recipes to share with your family and these are perfect! The first is the Caramel Apple Shooters. Yup. I said Caramel. If you read my posts often you know I just adore caramel on everything! These little babies are so easy to make and perfect for just a little sweet treat. The second recipe you will find below is the Turkey Pops. What better way to keep the kids entertained with these adorable pops!
No-Bake Thanksgiving Treats from Mrs. Freshley’s
- 3 packs of Mrs. Freshley’s Vanilla Icers
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Whipped cream
- Caramel topping
- Peel and dice the apples into bite sized pieces
- Add the apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon to a medium skillet and cook, stirring often to coat the apples in the sauce, for 5 minutes over medium-low heat
- Remove from heat and cool a bit before assembling the dessert.
- Add a generous layer of the bite-sized vanilla Icers to the bottom of the bowl and top with cinnamon apples
- Layer with whipped cream and caramel sauce
- 3-4 packs of Mrs. Freshley’s Chocolate Icers
- Chocolate icing
- Piping bag with orange and red icing
- Chocolate melts
- Candy eyes
- Candy Corn
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Tear about Mrs. Freshley’s Chocolate Icers cakes and roll to form into a ball shape for the cake pop.
- Use chocolate icing to help form cake pops if needed
- Place on cake pop sticks
- Melt candy melts, according to package directions
- Dip cake pops into melted candy melts
- Place in freezer until cool and dry
- Using chocolate icing as glue, stick candy corn into the top of the cake pop to create feathers
- Place on the candy eyes
- Use the piping bag to draw the beak and gobbler
Both of these recipes are perfect for the upcoming Thanksgiving feast. I would also recommend purchasing a couple of Mrs. Freshley’s Icers for yourself, trust me you will want to eat a couple while you are making these two fun no-bake recipes. Enjoy!!
In my product postings, most of the products have been received free for my honest review. I will always give my honest opinion. All images and posts are property of Hello Betty.