There are times in your life when you sit back and think, “is this really what I want to do with the rest of my life.” I have always had the mentality that I could do anything that I want and be successful. It only takes time and patience. The willing to learn and the power to overcome. These past four months have been a real eye opener for me. I have learned more about myself than I even could imagine.
Four months ago I decided to try to revamp Bites Reviews You Can Use. Finding a logo that I love was the first step. It was hard. I had several that I loved but after hiring a local designer at Go Postal, it was a match made in heaven. She understood me and just with a couple of keywords she knew what I wanted before I did. Now that right there is a good designer.
I took a couple of steps to find the direction I wanted to go in in 2017, and I think that they just might help you if you feel lost in your blog. So let’s get down to it.
Blogging Help: Find Who You Really Are
- Stop looking at what others are doing. I have lost tons of friends the past couple of months because I had to find myself. I would always base my blog, voice, and style with others. No longer. I have a potty mouth at times, and I am damn proud of it. I want myself to shine in my blog, not others…Stay true to yourself, and you will succeed. You might lose readers or social media followers, but in the end, it will be worth it.
- Don’t feel like you are trapped in the never ending circle of pumping out posts. I did this since the day I started. Literally, till this past year, I posted every day! Way too much in my opinion, and it does not work well for me on my blog or social media. I had to sit down and really look at the stats. What was working, what’s not. I then started to implement a goal chart for the entire 2017 calendar, including every idea that I had for posting.
- Skip The Damn Courses. Ok. So not all of them are pure bullshit, but I can tell you that you are much better off finding your own path. When I started blogging I did everything wrong, sure, I had no damn clue what I was doing, but I did learn. If you don’t f*ck up how are you going to learn? You are not going to take that magical course and bam you have instant 150,000 monthly views and 24k Instagram followers. Just not going to happen. Sorry. Instead read, read, read. Don’t spend a ton of money on a course when you could read articles online for free!!Most of the information you find in a course is located in articles that bloggers put out for free!! I am not a social media queen, I don’t have a ton of followers but the ones that I do have, I LOVE THEM ALL..Really. They have been with me from the beginning. They comment on social, like and are active. I see a ton of Twitter and Facebook accounts that have no engagement at all except for people that are in “follow, I will wipe your ass, you wipe mine” Facebook groups. Been there done that, it sucks. Don’t get me wrong I am a member of one bad ass group, but it is entirely different than any other I have been involved with. These ladies are “no bullshit” and always help one another in any way that we can.
- Having a tribe or group of bloggers that you trust and help you is wonderful. Make sure to pick these people that are in line with your goals. I have a very small group of people that help me with ideas, as I can bounce ideas off of them and they will let me know what they think. I don’t base (I don’t anymore) everything off of what they say because when it comes to a blog, it is very personal.
- Most of all never give up. Even if you feel like each day is getting worst, don’t give up. One day it will hit you like a bolt of lightning the direction you should go in and go with it. No matter what others say..Finding yourself is no easy task at all. In a day and age when all you do all day is see beautiful faces and bodies on social media, the perfect postings, the perfect family trips, trust me these people aren’t so damn perfect. I had to learn that one the hard way. Just be you, be crazy if you must, that is what is going to make you succeed.
These four little things are thoughts and ideas that you would think come naturally, but they don’t. When you are a blogger, you will always put yourself, your blog and style against others. It is going to happen. The one thing to remember is that just being you, you have already far surpassed most bloggers out there. Being fake is not appealing, hence all the changes that are coming to my own blog.
I feel that since that first day when I started to blog, I have lost a bit of myself. So I am implementing changes.
I am implementing changes that most will not like, and I don’t see myself partnering with a ton of brands in the coming year, but I can see myself doing what I love and that right there is worth its weight in gold. I am working with a couple of different people to launch a new store. Which I am totally excited about. This will launch later in 2017.
Even more, changes will be implemented as time goes on but one step at a time, right?
I just wanted to write this posting as sort of an arm around any bloggers out there that are struggling to get going or finding themselves. I plan to write a couple more “no bullshit” guide to blogging which I wanted to do in the past but never got around to it. 2017 is going to be amazing, and I do hope that you join me on this adventure. Let’s all kick it up a notch and show being yourself is the real way to having a successful blog.