Water. Water. Water….What can one say about water. Really? To me it is boring and at times just unappetizing all together. Let alone trying to drink the recommended amount of water a day, can be crazy. I live in the mountains of North Carolina and get my water directly from a spring on our property. This is not the case with most people. The water that a majority of the population drink is from water treatment facilities across the United States. Research supported by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimate there are up to 16 million waterborne illnesses per year associated with drinking water. By simply choosing a water filtration system to use at home can improve your water.
There are many filtration systems you can choose from including the PUR faucet mount filter, or the new Ultimate PUR Pitcher. The Ultimate PUR Pitcher can remove up to 2x more contaminants than the Brita pitcher and the PUR faucet mount can remove up to 10x the contaminants. I know your thinking but wait, Betty, you reviewed the Brita pitcher a couple of months ago. This I did, but I was not privy to this information at the time. These numbers are astounding! PUR removes contaminants found in drinking water including, lead, heavy metals, agricultural pesticides, industrial pollutants, microbial cysts, and chlorine taste and odor. A couple of years ago I lived in Dover, Delaware, and I can still taste the chlorine that would overpower you when you had just a sip. Nasty really! PUR also reduces traces of pharmaceuticals and other incidental contaminants.
I have been using the Ultimate PUR Pitcher for about a week now and have loved every minute. The one feature that really impressed me was how sleek the design of the pitcher was. I usually have a fridge full of veggies throughout the year, so I have little room for a big pitcher. With this design I had no problem wiggling it beside some of the other must have food products. The Ultimate pitchers range in size from seven to eleven cups to meet various household needs and all PUR products are also fully recyclable and are BPA free.
- Covered pour spout prevents odor and particles from getting into clean water
- Easy fill lid is thumb activated for simplicity
- Comfort grip handle
- Built in LED light indicates when you need to change the filter
- Water Pitcher Filters provide up to 40 gallons of clean water
- BPA free
- All PUR pitchers and filters are recyclable
So again we are back to water. This summer, many of us will be hosting family parties and events, what better than to be able to dazzle them with water. It is simple and really can elevate what would be a boring glass of water. Water is one of the easiest drinks to make you’re own. Personally, I have always liked to add flavored ice cubes. I think this is the simplest way to get a little bit of flavor. I usually use a juice such as cranberry, like in my pictures above. Here are some simple tips on what to do with your water this summer.
· Fresh or Frozen Fruit: For an easy and fun way to enhance your water, add some fresh or frozen fruit slices (e.g., orange, mango, melon, peach). The change in flavor is refreshing without being overpowering. Just be sure to change out the fruit every 24 hours or so to ensure that you’re getting the freshest flavors.
· Herbs/Flavor Extracts: Mint, vanilla and basil are great low-calorie ways to add a little kick to your water. Infuse with warm water to bring out the flavors and then pour over ice.
· Flavored Ice Cubes: Freeze your favorite fruit juice or flavored water into an ice tray and offer it up instead of regular ice cubes. Not only will they look cool in your glass, but they’ll slowly infuse different flavors into your water. Turn it into a game and have your friends guess the flavor combinations!
· Add a Splash of Juice: Many of us love juice, but not all of the sugar that comes with it. Mix in a little water to enjoy a tasty treat without all the sugar!
It’s important to make sure you’re using the cleanest water possible when preparing these refreshing alternatives, and the easiest way to do so is by using filtered water. PUR Ultimate Pitchers remove 2x more contaminants than the leading brand and leave you with fresh, clean-tasting drinking water. The PUR Ultimate Pitcher can be purchased online or at select retail locations. If you have a large functions I highly recommend checking out the 11 cup pitcher verses the 7-cup, but either would be perfect. The price of the 11 cup is $43.99 and is defiantly a summer entertaining must have. The best part is PUR products reduce up to 71 contaminants to provide clean drinking water at a reasonable cost of only $0.01 for an 8-oz glass.
Looking for other summer entertaining products? Click the image below