The big game day is upon us, and it is time to start to think about what you will be serving guests this year. Thanks to Brook McLay of Coupons.com I have the perfect little treat for you to share with your guests. As you might know, I love to entertain, but I want to be able to enjoy myself as well and not work myself to the bone. Today I wanted to share with you these great little chocolate-dipped strawberries that come with a big game twist. I hope you enjoy 🙂
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Footballs
Call the crew over! It’s time for the Big Game, and you’re the best host they know. So it’s a win-win for everyone.
And since you love prepping the kind of party eats that wow a crowd (but don’t break the bank), I’ve rounded up some quick and simple, budget-friendly bites everyone will love. Especially you. Because these ideas don’t take much time at all to prepare. And they’re sure to wow your Game Day crowd.
Be sure to put this one on your menu: Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Footballs — that’s right! A quick piping of white chocolate turns the classic dessert into cute little footballs that everyone can nibble on between plays.
Prep these up to 24 hours in advance for freshest flavor. Or invite the squad to dip their own, fondue style. How fun would it be to be to host a halftime dip-off, where everyone can compete to see how many football strawberries they can dip and decorate?
Whichever way you decide to serve ‘em — whether ready-made or as a guest activity — just be sure you get these strawberries on the table. They’re a total touchdown!
Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Footballs Recipe
Yield: About 12
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
• 1 bag chocolate chips
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 1 quart strawberries, cleaned and dried
• 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (or 2-3 cubes almond bark)
Save on your sweets: Find Nestle chocolates coupons
1. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between, until chocolate chips are melted and smooth.
2. Dip strawberries into chocolate, transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Once all strawberries are dipped, place in fridge to harden chocolate quickly.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate or almond bark in 30-second bursts, stirring between, until chocolate chips are melted and smooth.
4. Transfer to an icing bag or zip-top bag.
5. Snip a small portion from the tip and pipe 4 small horizontal lines down the center of the strawberries, one vertically down the center of these 4 lines, and two large horizontal lines across the top and bottom edges of the strawberries, to create a “football.”
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
In my product postings, most of the products have been received free for my honest review. I will always give my honest opinion. All images and posts are property of Hello Betty.