As the days start getting hotter and longer, I find myself looking for simple, light recipes to share with my family. A salad is one of the easiesmeals you can serve, but at times is just boring. You have your lettuce and veggies, maybe a protein, but nothing really to give your salad that wow factor. I have to have croutons on my salad, no if’s about that one, but even then I am usually stuck with plain Jane croutons or cheese croutons. Today I would like to share with you a great recipe to make a fab salad using Pretzel Bread Croutons from J&D’s Foods and a homemade Italian dressing.
J&D’s Pretzel Bread Croutons, which starts with artisan German pretzel bread which is then sliced and baked into a bite-sized, perfectly crunchy gourmet crouton. Put them on your salad. Eat them as a snack. Use them as a stuffing (seriously good). Or float them on a soup. They really are savory little bites from heaven.
J&D’s Foods has a unique lineup of different croutons to add to any dish, not only salads, but soups and casseroles. My husband is a HUGE fan of all things pretzel, so when I saw these, I knew I had to check them out. The moment they arrived in the mail, Mr. Bite, ripping the bag open. Sometimes he has such a boyish face. He looked at me like it was Christmas morning! He said, so these go on a salad? LOL. I said yes. “Please stop eating them, till I do my review.” Such a crazy man. Even if you’re not into pretzels they do offer a couple of different flavors to choose from, including their Bacon flavored crouton.
- J&D’s Tomato Basil Croutons – try them with your tomato soup
- J&D’s Pretzel Bread Croutons – a tasty snack or stuffing
- J&D’s Everything Croutons – just like an Everything bagel, with onions, garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds and sea salt
I love everything about these taste little bites. I also used the Tomato Basil croutons in my tomato soup, instead of the crackers. AMAZING. I would have to say that both the Pretzel and Tomato Basil croutons that I received really did surprise me. They are both packed full of flavor and really can add something to a plain salad or meal. Either of these flavors would be perfect this summer when entertaining guests. Let them try out their own creation, by building a small salad bar featuring J&D’s Croutons. You can purchase J&D’s Croutons online and take a look at their other products to dazzle your family this summer. Also make sure to check out their amazing recipes!!!
Italian Dressing Recipe
For this salad I just used ingredients that my husband adores. Olives, Chick peas, cucumbers and a tiny bit of onion and tomato. I used a thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast, for the added protein on the side. The star of this dish is the Pretzel Croutons. It really gave it a complete different flavor all together. This recipe is from a site online that I found a couple of months ago and darned it I can’t find it again.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, best quality such as Colavita or Lucini
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar, best quality such as Pompeian Gourmet or Domaine des Vignes
- 1-1/2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- Combine all ingredients in a jar. Seal tightly with lid and shake vigorously to emulsify. Store dressing in refrigerator for up to a week. As the dressing sits, it will separate (and solidify in the fridge), so be sure to shake well before using.
In my product postings, most of the products have been received free for my honest review. I will always give my honest opinion. All images and posts are property of Hello Betty.